Ballymun Connects links you to the services the area. If you can’t find what you’re looking for here, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. If you would like your service included, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
Drug and Alcohol Support Services
- Ballymun Local Drugs and Alcohol Task Force was set up in 1997 to respond to drugs issues in the Ballymun community. The Task Force to works with community, voluntary and statutory services to put in place responses to drugs and alcohol issues. We do this by encouraging co-ordination and co-operation between services and by listening to the needs of the local community.
- YAP – Ballymun Youth Action Project provides drug and alcohol information, counselling, drop-in and aftercare services.
- STAR Ballymun provides Drug Rehabilitation Programme to people who need support for Drug / Alcohol issues.
- Áitlinn is a service offering a confidential individual treatment programme from planned reduction through detoxification to aftercare in relation to problem alcohol use.
- HSE Outreach Information on harm reduction, treatment and needle exchange.
- PACE An education and training project for people with an offending background.
- De Paul Ireland (Ballymun Case Management Team) aims to prevent homelessness and support people at risk of homelessness maintain their home in the community.
- Ballymun Job Centre provides one to one support, guidance and career advice
Services for Families & Young People
- Ballymun Family Suppport Service provides a Family Support Service to those who are dealing with the effects of addiction within the family.
- Ballymun Regional Youth Resource (The RECO)
Supports the welfare, well-being & development of young people 10-24 years in Ballymun.
- Geraldstown House (TUSLA Child and Family Agency) A support service for families in the Ballymun community.
01 8422408 or 01 8422544
- Ballymun Child and Family Resource Centre the centre runs a variety of activities for children and adults in the community.
01 852 7183
- Aisling Project After School project supporting children and young people in Ballymun.
- Sillogue Neighbourhood Centre the centre runs a variety of activities in the community.
- Poppintree Youth Project supports the personal, interpersonal, social and analytical development of young people within the catchment area of Poppintree, Ballymun.
- Ballymun Strengthening Families Programme A 15 week family skills programme for parents and teens aged 12-16 or children aged 6-12
- Youngballymun provides a range of services from birth through to teenage years
- DCU in the Community aims to provide educational opportunities to local people in North Dublin in order to increase participation levels and to promote equality in third level education.
01 700 8800
- BEST (Ballymun Educational Support Team)
BEST SCP works with children and young people (4-18 years) who are at risk of leaving school, and also runs the BEST school group for those out of mainstream education.
- Ballymun Youthreach is an education centre which supports young people in their education journey.
- Trinity Comprehensive offers education for 1st to 6th year students in addition to providing other various education and support programmes.